Music producer Phenom drops by with another exceptional tape from Boston with a ton of heat. No stranger to our audience @Beatsbyphenom remixes better yet phemixes the entire length of Jay Z’s 8th studio album (The Black Album)released in the fall, November 14th year 2003. This producers funk needs no more introduction check out his feed from bandcamp below and let us know what you think.
Timbaland Speaks on Jay-z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail for the First Time
- Timbaland Pens Apology To Jay-Z (celebnmusic247.com)
- What Really Happened With Jay-Z and Timbaland During ‘Blueprint’ Recording? (contactmusic.com)
- Timbaland Crafts Jay-Z Apology Record Titled “Sorry” (getwritegossip.com)
- Timbaland Opens Up About “Magna Carta Holy Grail”, Discusses Kanye’s Comments Toward “Suit & Tie” (complex.com)
- Timbaland Tells Secrets of ‘Magna Carter Holy Grail’ (atlantablackstar.com)
The goal of our “The Samples” series is to educate. I want people to be able to connect with music on a personal level. In order to achieve that, we must familiarize ourselves on the art and process behind the music and how it is manifested.
Gianni Lee of Babylon Cartel and Mike Blud return with another exploration of soundscape — Magna Carta…Holy Grail – The Samples. The eclectic list indicates the extensive music research by Jay-Z and the contributing producers for Hov’s latest release as the sample list includes tunes by Sizzla, Johnny Guitar Watson, Adrian Younge, Nirvana, Mase, R.E.M., Gonjasufi and many more. In addition, the duo has prepped another mix that features the original samples of Jay’s hit songs — ranging from today to all the way back to Reasonable Doubt.
Magna Carta…Holy Grail – The Samples
1. Holy Grail Commercial Intro
2. Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit (Holy Grail)
3. Adrian Younge – Sirens (Picasso BabY)
4. Johnny Guitar Watson – Gangster Of Love (Somewhereinamerica)
5. Sizzla – Solid As A Rock (Crown)
6. R.E.M. – Losing My Religion (Heaven)
7. Adrian Younge – Reverie (Heaven)
8. A Tribe Called Quest – Sucka Nigga (Versus)
9. One Way – Believe In Me (Part II On The Run)
10. Mase – Feel So Good (BBC)
11. The Notorious B.I.G. – My Downfall (Jay Z Blue)
12. Gonjasufi – Nikels and Dimes (Nickels and Dime)
13. M.I.A. – Bad Girls (Tom Ford)
14. Holy Grail Commercial Outro
The Essential Jay-Z – The Samples
2. Luther Vandross – Take You Out (Excuse Me Miss)
3. Lyn Collins – Think (About It) (Otis)
4. Marcus Miller – Much Too Much (Can’t Knock The Hustle)
5. Meli’sa Morgan – Fool’s Paradise (Can’t Knock The Hustle)
6. Menahan Street Band – Make The Road By Walking (Roc Boys)
7. Rene & Angela – I’ll Be Good (I’ll Be)
8. Rene & Angela – Imaginary Playmates (Imaginary Players)
9. Rick James – Give It To Me Baby (Give It 2 Me)
10. Rick James – Super Freak (Kingdom Come)
11. Steve Arrington’s Hall Of Fame – Weak At The Knees (Money Ain’t A Thing)
12. The Jones Girls – You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else (The City Is Mine)
13. The Friends Of Distinction – And I Love Him (Maybach Music)
14. Stanley Clarke – Got To Find My Own Place (Lyrical Exercise)
Pushing towards his impending album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, Hov gives fans yet another behind-the-scenes look into the creative process. In this clip, Jay-Z explains to Rick Rubin the idea behind his song “Heaven.” Thanks to the album’s tracklist, which was released a few days back, we know this will be the second song on MCHG. Listen as Jay dives into what he feel like represents Heaven and Hell and be sure to grab the album when it releases July 4.
Visit http://smsng.us/MCHG to download the app on your Galaxy S 4, Note II or S III, and you’ll be able to watch more behind-the-scenes looks at JAY Z’s new album “Magna Carta Holy Grail,” unlock the song lyrics, and download the music 72 hours early on July 4th.
He released the previously announced Magna Carta Holy Grail app for download on the Google Play store, which is only downoadable for Samsung users and previews album content. Thus, he lyrics for the Justin Timberlake-assisted title track “Holy Grail” have emerged as displayed below. The song will be released tomorrow, June 25, while the longplayer will be available on July 4 via Samsung devices and three days later for the rest of the world.
- Jay-Z To Release Nirvana-Inspired “Holy Grail” Single Featuring Justin Timberlake (dayandadream.com)
- Jay-z Previews Lyrics From “Holy Grail” Featuring Justin Timberlake (keepitbasement.com)
- Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail Album Tracklist Revealed (jazzient.wordpress.com)
- Jay Z Reveals Tracklist & Cover For Magna Carta Holy Grail (simplyphly.wordpress.com)
- Jay-Z Previews Lyrics For Justin Timberlake Collab “Holy Grail” [PHOTO] (hiphopwired.com)
Upon viewing the NBA Finals last night, a recently-debuted commercial advertising Jay-Z‘s newest partnership with Samsung was hard to ignore. The move came as a surprise to many, though perhaps this kind of reaction is unwarranted. After all, this is the same man who in 2013 alone has begun his own sports management company, got the White House to respond to one of his songs, and, most recently, set himself up to make $25 million. The true definition of a mogul, it only makes sense that Jay-Z would grace the cover of Billboard this week, featuring the rapper’s infamous #newrules tweet alongside a fitting blueprint-themed design. Here, Jay-Z plots out exactly how he’s changing the music business through his new deal with Samsung.
Look for the latest issue of Billboard at your local newsstand, or read the cover story on Billboard’s site here.
- Jay-Z On The Cover Of Billboard Magazine (rudeboyy.com)
- #NewRules (kathryncoduto.wordpress.com)
- NEWS/PHOTO: Jay-Z On The Cover Of Billboard Magazine, Speaks New Album & Samsung Deal! [KingpinTV.net] (kingpintv.net)
- Jay-Z Covers Billboard Magazine (4umf.com)
In Episode 3 of the Bridget Kelly Sessions, Bridget talks to JAY Z’s Life+Times about the insecurity that inspired the therapeutic confession found in her song, “Every Girl”.
Terius Youngdell Nash, aka The-Dream, offers up his latest body of work, IV Play, in its full streaming glory one week prior to its May 28 release. His fourth studio album boasts guest contributions from the illustrious likes of Beyoncé and 2 Chainz on the same record, Jay-Z, Big Sean, Pusha T, Kelly Rowland and Gary Clark Jr. Stream The-Dream below and pre-order it on iTunes.
Def Jam R&B crooner The Dream is back with new solo material at long last, with his latest album IV Play set to drop on May 28th. The title track from this album, “IV Play”, is the latest song to get the video treatment. It’s your typical R&B stylised video, with helicopters, scantily clad women, and a nice whip too. The track itself, which has been circulating online for around about a month now, is done in typical Dream style. Soothing guitar riffs coupled with some overdriven synths and atmospheric chords all on top of some smooth drums, make this a modern R&B banger.
Having worked with the likes of Jay Z, Beyonce, Pusha T and Big Sean on IV Play, it’s definitely going to be an album to watch out for when it drops in a couple of weeks.
The Dream – “IV Play” [Video] ♫
The-Dream drops his Jay-Z-assisted single “High Art.” Be sure to let us know what you think of the collaboration after streaming it below. “High Art” will be showcased on The-Dream’s upcoming IV Play album, arrives on May 28.