Lana Del Rey‘s song “Young & Beautiful“ is not the only impression we receive from The Great Gatsby soundtrack today. A 90-second snippet from Jay-Z‘s audio contribution has arrived as well. Titled “100$ Bill,” Hova speeds his flow up and talks about what he knows best. The Great Gatsby soundtrack arrives May 7, with the Baz Luhrmann-directed film hitting theaters nationwide on the big screen on May 10. Pre-orders are available now.
Ways to Sell Art Online
- Etsy – a community of artists who make hand crafted pieces. See our post on How to Sell Your Art on Etsy.
- Adwords – Google’s advertising program. If you have a website where you sell your work, Adwords is a highly effective way of targeting those looking for art to buy. If you’d like some tips on how to use Adwords, please contact me directly.
- Ebay – the world’s largest auction site. Follow @ebayart on Twitter to get an idea of what kind of art does well on ebay.
- Amazon – the single largest directory of online stores, Amazon turned itself into one of the world’s largest retailers by creating a platform for anyone to sell anything. There are literally thousands of stores that use Amazon as their main source of sales. If you make handmade jewelry, Amazon has a section just for you on their front page.
- Imagekind.com – high quality printing & framing, community, and marketing tips. See Imagekind Power Selling Tips.
- Cafepress.com – for designing shirts, other screen printed things
- Craigslist – in certain cities, people use Craigslist for everything. In Portland, I have seen everything from couches, to cars, to beautiful pieces of art for sale. Think of it as the world’s largest classified ad.
- Artfire.com – a little bit like Etsy, but with a different focus. ArtFire’s Community Directed Development asks their artists to tell them what kind of features and products to build.
- DailyOriginal.com – feature one piece of art each day on the site.
- EmptyEasel.com – the most comprehensive guide to selling paintings on the internet.
- Yessy.com – buy, sell art gallery
- Fineartamerica.com – is the premier online marketplace for buying and selling fine art prints, framed prints, stretched canvas prints, posters, acrylic prints, metal prints
- Fuelforart.com – a marketing book for artists
- Foliotwist.com – ready made art websites w/Paypal shopping cart built in
- A personal consultation with Cory Huff, the creator of this site, if you are very serious about your work and have the money to hire a professional.